FAQs for Students

For detailed information, view UVU's Incoming Credit web page.

How will my courses transfer to UVU?

General Information:

  • Courses must be from a Regionally Accredited institution
  • Courses must be college level
  • Courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better
  • View UVU's Transfer Articulation Database

How do I transfer my credit to UVU from a U.S. college/university?

After you have applied to UVU, have official transcripts from all prior institutions mailed to:

Utah Valley University
Attention: Admissions Office
800 West University Parkway
Orem, UT 84058-6703

Official Transcripts: Must be in a sealed envelope directly from the transfer institution and less than 6 months old. Faxed transcripts are NOT official.

Does UVU accept electronic transcripts?

UVU does accept electronic transcripts from institutions who use a secure transcript exchange company or certified PDF document. Have your previous institution send secured/certified official electronic transcripts to:


This e-mail is only for receiving secured/certified official electronic transcripts from prior institutions. Please send all questions to transfercredit@uvu.edu.

Official Transcripts: Must be received directly from the transfer institution. Electronic transcripts that have not been sent using a secure transcript exchange company or certified PDF document are NOT official. Transcripts, or links to access transcripts, forwarded from students are NOT official.

How long will it take for my transfer credit to show on my UVU record?

Approximately 1-3 weeks after the transcripts are received by UVU, equivalent credit will be granted on your UVU record.

Photo of two students needing help on their first day. But have no fear! Andrew Stone comes to their rescue and aids them on their quest to the Classroom Building.

How can I check if my transcripts have been received?
How can I see how my credits have been accepted?

For detailed instructions, view UVU's Incoming Credit web page.

How do my credits apply to my UVU degree?

After your credits show on your UVU record, check your progress toward graduation by viewing your Wolverine Track.

How will my AP, CLEP, DSST, and/or IB credits transfer UVU?

Click on the below links for more information:

How will I be contacted if UVU requires more information?

The Transfer Credit Office will contact you via your myUVU e-mail address.