Certification Tester Information
APPLICATIONS FOR NEW CERTIFICATION TESTERS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED.
POSITION CLOSE DATE: SEPTEMBER 1, 2016 by 5:00 PM
*Preference given to the following counties and disciplines: Salt Lake, Utah, Uintah,
Carbon, Duchesne, all Technical Rescue levels, and Wildland Firefighter II*
- Certification Tester Job Description
- Certification Tester Application
- Memo of Understanding (to be completed by fire chief)
- No applications will be accepted after the close date. Applications will be reviewed
and those meeting the above criteria (location, levels, qualifications) will be invited
for an interview. Should you receive an offer after the interview process you will
be required to attend a one-day training session at the Utah Fire & Rescue Academy
in Provo. No exceptions.
- Please contact Hilary Kline (801) 863-7745 or Lori Howes (801) 863-7752 if you have
any questions regarding this process.
Certification Testers Must:
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times while representing the Utah
Fire Service Certification Council (UFSCC).
- Attend update training every year or as determined by the Certification Council.
- Adhere to all Certification Tester policies and procedures.
- Be an active member of a fire department in Utah.
- Be certified, as a minimum Firefighter I. It is strongly recommended the person is
certified as Instructor I.
- Be state certified at equal or higher to the level they are testing unless otherwise
approved by the Certification Council.
Required Application Documents:
- Completed Certification Tester Application
- Two current letters of recommendation
- One letter must be from your current chief/administrator. If you are the chief/administrator,
one letter must be from the mayor of your city/town.
- Current In-House testers will only need one letter
- Signed "Memo of Understanding" by applicant and chief
Mileage rates: Current rate is .54/mile. Lodging: Applicable to testers who travel
over 100 miles to test. (Needs prior approval from Certification Coordinator or Program
Manager.) Meals: (Only applicable with an overnight stay) Breakfast $10, Lunch $13,
and Dinner $16.