Utah Valley University believes that Undergraduate Research is indeed the “pedagogy of the 21st century” and is an increasingly important aspect of higher education. UVU believes that exceptionally capable and well-motivated students should have the opportunity to participate in cutting edge research pertaining to their field of study.

Toward this end, the Office of Engaged Learning is committed to enriching and advancing the place of undergraduate research at UVU. Our intent is to provide a vehicle for undergraduate students to engage in meaningful scholarly and creative activities with the help of a faculty mentor by providing time, facilities, and instrumentation to accomplish the goals. It is our mission to give every interested student at UVU the opportunity to have a meaningful, scholarly experience during his or her undergraduate study.

According to the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR), undergraduate research is an inquiry or investigation conducted by an undergraduate student that makes an original intellectual or creative contribution to the discipline.


DISCLAIMER: All awarded Grants will be funded at 85% with the remaining 15% funded after the required year end final report is filed by the awardee and accepted as complete.

Contact Us

Office of Engaged Learning
Academic Affairs - BA 211

Undergraduate Research

Office hours:
Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm

Office Mailing Address:
Utah Valley University
800 West University Pkwy - MS 194
Orem UT 84058-5999

Rasha Qudisat
Director of Undergraduate Research and Creative Inquiry
Engaged Learning
phone: (801) 863-5749
e-mail: Rasha.Qudisat@uvu.edu

Shelly Andrus
Administrative Assistant
Engaged Learning
phone: (801) 863-8337
e-mail: landrus@uvu.edu