How can the Volunteer & Service-Learning Center help you?
- Give ideas and examples of possible service-learning projects
- Provide contacts to community agencies and officials supportive of service-learning
- Assist in developing community partnerships
- Help students identify useful service-learning projects
- Direct you to useful resources to learn more about service-learning
- Guide you in designating your course as a service-learning course
Want to set yourself apart by doing service and receiving the Engaged Learning University
Distinction on your transcript? LEARN HOW...
To learn more, contact:Summer Valente
Director, Volunteer & Service-Learning Center
How to Get a Service-Learning (SL) Course Designation
Want to designate your class with a service-learning component?
(see section titled "Designating a Service-Learning Course")
The Service-Learning Faculty Fellowship trains and supports faculty in designing
or modifying courses to integrate service-learning into the course curriculum. Click
below for award details. Faculty Fellowship
For more information, click on the following links to view our Service-Learning material:
Service-Learning Guide (pdf)
Service-Learning Reflection Guide (pdf)
To be officially designated as a service-learning course at UVU, please complete the online-form.
Please contact Jason Sweat, Risk Management Compliance Officer at UVU, for a customized
waiver form. He can be reached at 801-863-8156 or email@example.com.