Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get on the University bid list?
The University does not maintain any bid lists at this time. Public solicitations
for procurements are posted on the UVU Vendor Portal. Vendors may register on the UVU Vendor Portal to receive bid notifications.
How do I submit a bid or proposal?
We encourage all qualified vendors to submit responses to solicitations issued by
UVU. Responses to all solicitations listed on the UVU Vendor Portal must be submitted
through that system unless otherwise noted in the solicitation. Responses to solicitations
not posted on the UVU Vendor Portal must be submitted in accordance to the information
provided in the solicitation. Responses submitted using any method not outlined in
the solicitation will not be accepted.
How do I find out the results of a bid?
After the solicitation has been awarded, suppliers may visit the UVU Vendor Portal
to see the results. For solicitations not posted through the UVU Vendor Portal, vendors
may contact Procurement Services at 801-863-8301 and provide the bid number to receive
When does the University hold bid openings?
The University does not generally hold bid openings. Bid results can be found on the
UVU Vendor Portal.
What is the University’s policy regarding bids?
If the total purchase, including freight charges, will exceed the small-dollar purchase
threshold, a solicitation for quotes/bids must be submitted to multiple vendors for
competitive bidding. This policy applies to any purchase regardless of fund source.
Is the University exempt from sales tax?
The University is exempt from Utah State sales tax. The University’s sales tax exempt
number is 11843640-002-STC.
What are the University’s approved payment methods?
- Purchase Order
- Purchasing Card (Visa)
- Limited Purchase Check
- Checks issued to departments in lieu of petty cash limited to purchases under $500.
- Vendors should receive one of the above payment methods prior to accepting an order.
By accepting one of the above payment methods, the vendor will ensure prompt payment
upon receipt of the goods/service ordered and an invoice.
What is a requisition?
- A Requisition is an internal request created by a department for Purchasing to create
a Purchase Order. A Requisition is not a Purchase Order and should not be treated
- In order to comply with UVU policy, a requisition must be approved and a purchase
order completed prior to ordering any materials or services from a vendor with the
exception of orders that are placed using a purchasing card or limited purchase check.
What is a Purchase Order?
- A Purchase Order is created by Purchasing after a department has submitted a requisition
and the requisition has been approved.
- This document is the official order from the University and will be faxed, e-mailed,
or otherwise sent to a vendor requesting goods or services.
- Purchase Order number begin with a ‘P.’
Where should I send my invoice for payment?
- Invoices should be sent to the Accounts Payable department: Utah Valley University;
Accounts Payable – MS 109; 800 West University Parkway; Orem, UT 84058-5999.
- Invoices may also be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who should I contact if I do not receive payment for the goods or services I supplied
to the University?
Contact the Accounts Payable department at 801-863-8966 or email@example.com.