Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get on the University Bid List?
The University does not maintain any bid lists at this time. Invitations for Bids
for procurements over the high-dollar threshold are posted on BidSync.com. Vendors may register with BidSync.com to receive bid notifications. Click here for instructions regarding registration and bid submission with BidSync.com.
How do I submit a bid or proposal?
We encourage all qualified vendors to submit responses to solicitations issued by
UVU. Responses to all solicitations listed on BidSync.com must be submitted through
BidSync.com unless otherwise noted in the solicitation. Responses to solicitations
not posted on BidSync must be submitted in accordance to the information provided
in the solicitation. Responses submitted using any method not outlined in the solicitation
will not be accepted.
How do I find out the results of a bid?
After the solicitation has been awarded, suppliers may visit BidSync.com to see the
results. For solicitations not posted through BidSync.com, vendors may contact Procurement
Services at 801-863-8301 and provide the bid number to receive the results.
When does the University hold bid openings?
The University does not generally hold bid openings. Bid results can be found on BidSync.com.
What is the University’s policy regarding bids?
If the total purchase, including freight charges, will exceed the small-dollar purchase
threshold, a solicitation for quotes/bids must be submitted to multiple vendors for
competitive bidding. This policy applies to any purchase regardless of fund source.
Is the University exempt from sales tax?
The University is exempt from Utah State sales tax. The University’s sales tax exempt
number is 11843640-002-STC.
What are the University’s approved payment methods?
- Purchase Order.
- Purchasing Card (Visa)
- Limited Purchase Check
- Checks issued to departments in lieu of petty cash limited to purchases under $500.00.
- Vendors should receive one of the above payment methods prior to accepting an order.
By accepting on of the above payment methods, the vendor will ensure prompt payment
upon receipt of the goods/service ordered and an invoice.
What is a requisition?
- A Requisition is a request created by a department for Purchasing to create a Purchase
Order. A Requisition is not a Purchase Order and should not be treated as such.
- Requisition numbers start with an ‘R.’
- In order to comply with UVU policy, a requisition must be approved and a purchase
order completed prior to ordering any materials or services from a vendor with the
exception of orders that are placed using a purchasing card or limited purchase check.
What is a Purchase Order?
- A Purchase Order is created by Purchasing after and department has submitted a requisition
and the requisition has been approved.
- This document is the official order from the University and will be faxed, e-mailed,
or otherwise sent to a vendor requesting goods or services.
- Purchase Order number begin with a ‘P.’
Where should I send my invoice for payment?
- Invoices should be sent to the Accounts Payable department: Utah Valley University;
Accounts Payable – MS 109; 800 West University Parkway; Orem, UT 84058-5999.
- Invoices may also be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who should I contact if I do not receive payment for the goods or services I supplied
to the University?
Contact the Accounts Payable department at 801-863-8966 or email@example.com.