Scholarship Holds/Appeals Forms
Scholarships can be held for Missions, Military and Medical.
- Missions - must provide mission call or letter from Ecclesiastical Authority.
- Military - must provide military orders.
- Medical - must provide Doctor(s) Statement.
- Humanitarian Service - must provide documentation.
We will not hold:
- Privately Funded Scholarships (because we do not know that the funding will be available from year to year).
- Scholarships for students who are planning to attend another college or university before coming to UVU.
- A request to hold form (PDF) must be completed and submitted to the Scholarship Office along with the required documentation.
- The Request to Hold Form should be completed prior to the beginning of the semester that you are requesting the hold.
If you have failed to maintain the required criteria for your scholarship, you may be eligible to complete an appeal form (PDF) . There is a limit of two appeals: (1) One appeal for GPA and/or credit hours; (2) One appeal for Medical and/or extenuating circumstances. This form will handle either appeal.
Please note: If you have received funding from the following area(s), you are NOTeligible to appeal:
- Student Council
- Student Media
- Outdoor Education
- Wasatch Student Council
- Miss UVU
Eligibility Requirements for Appeals:
- Must earn 75% of required credit hours (example: 12 credit hours required must have earned 9 credit hours) Audits or Incompletes are not counted.
- Drop one point below required GPA (example: 3.5 GPA required must have a 2.5 GPA).
- Medical or extenuating circumstances. Documentation must be provided.
- Complete Appeal Form and provide documentation, if necessary.
- Appeal must be completed within the semester that the scholarship was canceled.
- If an “Incomplete” is completed within the semester and/or a grade change has occurred and the student meets the scholarship requirements, the scholarship will be reinstated for that semester.
- Exception to the appeal requirements is the Outstanding Merit Scholarship. You may appeal the first semester if you meet the above appeal requirements. If you do not meet the 3.5 cumulative GPA to be considered for renewal at the end of the second semester, you may submit an appeal but you will be placed on a waiting list.
- It is the students responsibility to contact the Scholarship Office (801-863-8443) if changes occur.
UVU provides financial assistance to all eligible students regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. If you need language assistance or accommodation, please inform us when you first contact our office.