WORKPLACE VIOLENCE PREVENTION...
UV is committed to maintaining a safe work environment. Given the increasing level of violence in society, UV has adopted the following guidelines to deal with intimidation, harassment, or other threats or acts of violence that may occur on its premises.
- All employees, students, and UV community members, including supervisors and temporary employees, should be treated with courtesy and respect at all times.
- Conduct on premises that threatens, intimidates, or coerces an employee, a customer, or a member of the public, or conduct that threatens or involves the destruction of college property will not be tolerated.
- All threats of or acts of violence, both direct and indirect, should be reported as soon as possible to your immediate supervisor and Campus Police.
- All suspicious individuals or activities should also be reported as soon as possible to a supervisor and Campus Police at ext. 5555.
- UV will promptly and thoroughly investigate all reports of threats or acts of violence and of suspicious individuals or activities.
- Anyone determined to be responsible for threats or acts of violence or other conduct that is in violation of these guidelines will be subject to prompt disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, permanent suspension from UV, and/or prosecution for criminal acts.
UV encourages employees to bring their disputes or differences with other UV community members to the attention of their supervisors or the Human Resource Department before the situation escalates into potential violence.