To guide proposed policies through the policy approval process, maintain and archive approved policies, and notify the campus community of policy changes in a timely manner.
The Policy Office provides the following services:
- Coordination, editing, review, issuance, and archiving of administration institutional policies and procedures.
- A policy and procedure Template that offers an easy-to-read document that is consistent with other college policy documents.
- A policy and procedure Writing Style Guide to assist policy developers in maintaining a consistency of voice and style in policy development.
- A college-wide process for reviewing policy drafts that consists of distinct stages, with specific timelines associated with each stage.
- The Online Policy System (TOPS) © 2007 UVU where anyone can easily access policies under development or revision, and where Stewards and Sponsors can receive comments pertaining to a particular policy proposal.
- A user-friendly, online Policy and Procedure Manual, where current policies and procedures can be readily accessed, including a newly developed search capability.
- General resources on policies and procedures and best practices at other institutions.