The purpose of the UVU Purchasing Card (P-Card) Program is to establish a more efficient,
cost-effective method of purchasing and paying for small-dollar transactions. The
Purchasing Card is the preferred purchase/payment tool for small-dollar purchases.
Click a topic below for more information.
- All expenditures using P-Cards must comply with all conditions outlined in the P-Card
Manual and University Policy. A link to the Appropriateness of Expenditures Policy
can be found below.
- Policy 204: Appropriateness of Expenditures.
- For examples of appropriate food purchases and the required level of approval, click
the link below.
- Food Approval
- Documentation related to a purchase made using a P-Card must be kept by the cardholder
for seven years. Transactions will be audited periodically to confirm compliance
with all policies and procedures. The appropriate documentation includes: appropriate
approval (if applicable), and the original receipt.
- It is unlawful to knowingly and intentionally split a transaction to avoid the transaction
limit assigned to a card. If the total amount of the expenditure exceeds the transaction
limit assigned to a card, the P-Card cannot be used to complete the transaction. Procurement
Service may provide an exception in writing and temporarily increase the limit assigned
to a card to allow the cardholder to complete a transaction. An exception will only
be granted if it is found that doing so would be the only way or the most appropriate
way to complete the transaction.
- Angela Hall, P-Card Manager
- Mike Martin, P-Card Auditor