Faculty Resources

Grade Changes

Instructions and policies for changing a student's final grade.


University Policy 523 defines a grade change as "A change that is the result of (1) an error in the original final grade (miscalculation, computer/human error); (2) changing a final letter grade from I, T, etc.; (3) academic misconduct sanction on the final grade.

Statute of Limitations

Grade change appeals shall be made and completed within one calendar year from the date the grade was originally issued. Grades shall not be changed after the student has graduated.

Grade Change Instructions

  1. Log in to the myUVU faculty tab, My Classes page.
  2. Under Grading, select Grade Changes.
  3. Select a Term if prompted.
  4. Enter student ID or Name, click Submit
  5. Choose a course from Select a Section
  6. Choose a grade from Select a Grade, then Select a Grade Reason
  7. Click Submit. Email confirmation will be sent to you.
  8. Use Select New Term/Student or Select New Student to repeat the process for someone else.
Headshot of Wilson the Wolverine

Questions? Ask Wilson