Distance Education Students
The Library supports the research needs of distance education courses.
- Distance students have access to books and articles.
- Books may be checked out of the UVU Library with a UVU Student ID. To get a UVU ID,
contact Campus Connection (SC103).
- Students may request books and articles using the interlibrary loan service.
- UVU students may check out books at all other Utah higher education libraries with
an official UVU student ID (OneCard).
Library Services for Distance StudentsDistance Education Videos
Many of the videos for the Distance Education courses are available for download
. For more information about course materials, contact the Distance Education Department
If you need articles from the Library, we can e-mail copies to you. To request an
- Search OneSearch for articles on your topic.
- Print or email full text articles available from OneSearch.
- If the full text isn't available, find if the article is available from another online
or print source by searching for the magazine or journal in Journals by Title. (Type in the journal or magazine title, not the article's title, to locate full
- If the article is available in print at the UVU Library please contact the distance
- If you cannot find copies of the articles you need, you can request them via Interlibrary Loan.
If you need books from the Library collection, we can mail them to the library location
closest to you. To request a book:
- Use the Library Catalog to find the book(s) you want.
- Contact the distance education librarian and deliver the book information.
You may use Interlibrary Loan
to request books that the UVU Library does not own.Getting Research Help
The Library offers a number of ways to get assistance:
Faculty who are teaching or developing distance education/online courses can receive
help integrating library resources into classes by contacting the distance education
Books, articles, and other materials that aren't available from the Library can be
ordered through Interlibrary Loan
. Articles take a few days, and will arrive via e-mail. Books take a week to 10 days,
and will arrive by mail.