Frequently Asked Questions

Do you require the GMAT?

No, our MAcc program does not require the GMAT.

Can I apply for the MAcc program even if I don't have an Accounting undergraduate degree?

Yes, you can. You will need to take the prerequisites first, then you can apply after you have completed at least 3 classes with at least a B average.

What are the prerequisites?

See the prerequisites at the bottom of this page

What do I need to include in my application?

We require these things for the application: transcript of bachelor's degree education, two letters of recommendation, a current resume and essay. International students will need to submit additional items listed on the admissions page

What if I attended college and graduated in another country other than the US?

In order to be accepted into the MAcc program, your bachelor's degree MUST come from an accredited U.S. higher education institution. If you don't have a degree from within the U.S., you can apply to UVU as an undergraduate, take the prerequisites and then apply for our program.

What is the cost of graduate tuition?

Visit this page to learn more about tuition costs.

Are there scholarships?

There is one scholarship/tuition waiver awarded each Fall for one full time student.

Do you have out of state resident tuition waivers?

Yes, we are a part of the Western Regional Graduate Program.

Does UVU offer an online MAcc program?

No, not at this time.

I have a full time job. Can I still be in the program?

Yes, we have a part time evening program for working professionals.

Do I need to take the TOEFL if I've completed an undergraduate degree in the US?

No, the TOEFL is waived if you have a bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. higher education institution.

I have paid the fee for the application. What do I do next?

After the fee is paid, the supplemental items will be added to your application. You will need to complete these items before your application is marked complete and ready for review.

I started my MAcc program at a different university. Can I transfer my MAcc credits to UVU?

Yes, you can. We can accept up to ten transfer credits. 

Can I use my opencourseware courses to count for the prerequisites?

No. The prerequisites must be taken for a letter grade in order to be accepted.

I am conditionally accepted for the program and I'm trying to register for classes. How come I can't register for classes?

If you have a conditional acceptance, those conditions must be met before you are officially accepted. For example, if you received a conditional acceptance based on you finishing your undergraduate accounting degree, you must resubmit your official transcript showing your undergraduate degree awarded before being officially accepted into the program. Once that has been completed, then you will be officially admitted to UVU and will be able to register for classes.