Admisisons FAQ example

General Information

When is the deadline to transfer?

General Admission Transfer Deadlines:

  • Fall Semester Deadline - Aug 1st.  
  • Spring Semester Deadline - Dec 1st.

International Admissions Transfer Deadlines:

  • Fall Semester Transfer Deadline:   Jul 1st.
  • Spring Semester Transfer Deadline:   Nov 15th.
  • Summer Semester Transfer Deadline:   Mar 15th.

Do you accept transfers?

Do you accept transfers?


What is the status of my admissions application?


You can see the status of your Admissions Application by logging back into your application account or by contacting the admissions office.

Can I apply for double majors?

When applying you will select one program. If you desire to change majors or adjust your major please visit with your academic advisor.

Where do I send my transcripts?

To be considered official, high school transcripts need to be submitted in one of the following ways:

  • Emailed directly from the high school to [email protected]
  • Mailed directly from the high school to: UVU Office of Admissions, MS 106 800 W. University Parkway Orem, UT 84058-6703.
  • Emailed using a secure transcript exchange company (e.g. Parchment) to [email protected]

What are residency requirements?

Requirements depend on your situation. Please see to see which exception you may qualify for and the documentation required.

How do I apply for school?

Applying for Admission to UVU varys depending on your student type. See [here]( for more information.

How do I apply for a graduate degree?

Applying for Graduate Admission to UVU varys depending on which program you are interested in. See for more information.

Can I apply on behalf of my child?

It is best that a student submit their admission application by themselves, however if they request assistance from a parent or guardian that is allowed.

What does it cost to apply?

Application Costs:

  • Undergraduate Admissions New Application - $35.00
  • Undergraduate Admissions Readmite App- $15.00
  • Graduate Admissions App- $45.00
  • Graduate International Admissions App- $145.00
  • International Admissions App- $115.00.

How do I defer my admission?

Deferred admission was created for students who need to delay their admission to a different semester than the one they were admitted for. Students defer for reasons including humanitarian or religious mission, military service, health, financial, and family responsibilities, just to name a few. See for more information and submit a deferment.

How do I provide Affidavit of support?

The Affidavit of Support form is to be completed by the person who will be providing money for tuition, fees and living expenses, with an original bank statement or Tax return attached. Please note: If you are sponsoring yourself you will need to provide a letter from your bank showing the needed amount on deposit under your name. All financial support papers must be in English, showing amounts in U.S. Dollars. You will upload this documentation on your admissions application.

What is a non-degree seeking student?

For individuals who would like to take classes for personal or professional interest but are not planning on earning a degree at UVU, please note:

  • Non degree seeking students cannot receive financial aid
  • Cannot apply for graduation.
  • Can register for only four consecutive semesters.\n\nOfficial transcripts are not required but recommended to fulfill prerequisite requirements.

What are the deadlines for admission?

Admissions Deadlines:

  • Fall Semester - Aug 1st.
  • Spring Semester - Dec 1st.

Where can I get my transcripts?

You can request your UVU transcripts through the Registration and Records Office. See here for more info.

How do I submit an International application?

Check out this article on how to apply as an international student at UVU.

What are the application requirements for a Graduate student?

Requirements vary depending on the graduate program you are applying for. See more here.

What is the status of my application?

I can better serve you by understanding which application you would like to know the status of. Which of the following do you need assistance with?\n\n*   Admissions Application Status\n*   Residency Application Status\n*   Financial Aid Application Status\n*   Scholarship Application Status\n*   Graduation Application Status\n*   Other Application Status









Plain text style example

Next section






Plain text style example

How do I submit a cost of attendance appeal?

There may be times when you end up having additional educational expenses and are looking for a way to make sure you have enough funds to cover them. A Cost of Attendance Appeal allows you to request an increase in the total amount of financial aid you can receive for the academic year, which normally results in allowing you to borrow additional student loans.

Examples of expenses that might be considered in a Cost of Attendance Appeal are living expenses, computers, uninsured medical expenses, transportation, child care, special books or supplies, and relocation expenses.

Contact the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office to discuss your specific needs and next steps.

Will financial aid cover a course I have already taken?

In some cases, you can use financial aid to pay for classes you repeat. There is no limit to how many times you can retake a course using financial aid, as long as you never received a passing grade, and provided you meet the satisfactory academic progress requirements. It is important to note that D grades are considered passing by the Department of Education.

If you take a class and receive a passing grade, you are only eligible to retake the course one additional time while receiving financial aid.



Headshot of Wilson the Wolverine

Questions? Ask Wilson