1. Students will be able to identify the characteristic of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and the diagnostic criteria required to receive a diagnosis of ASD.
2. Students will be able to identify and evidence based practices associated with ASD.
3. Students will practice and implement therapeutic interventions based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis including, task analysis, reinforcement, shaping, chaining, and other behavior analytic strategies.
4. Students will analyze ethical guidelines associated with Applied Behavior Analysis.
5. Students will apply their understanding of key laws and legislation as it relates to individuals with special needs.
Help us make a difference.