Steps to Complete the Application for Degree/Credential Awarding

How to complete the Degree/Credential Application :
(Read all instructions prior to going to the application)

  1. Open the Application here. 
  2. Log in using your myUVU information.
  3. Once the application is open select the term you will be completing your degree requirements.
  4. If your name is different than the one displayed select "I need special characters added" to tell us of what name you would like to appear on your diploma .
  5. Select the degree you would like to graduate with. If different then your declared major find more information below.
  6. If you have any missing requirements tell us how they will be completed before the end of your graduating term.
  7. Make sure your diploma mailing address and phone number are correct.
  8. Tell us what you plan on doing after you graduate by selecting from the options provided.
    1. If you are continuing in a new or previously declared degree you will need to manually select what degree you would like to continue in. 
  9. Review all of your selected information and check the "I Accept" option and submit your application.
  10.   All correspondence from the Graduation Office will be sent directly to students’  myUVU email account and through the graduation application itself. Contact the Graduation Office if an approval email is not   received within two weeks of applying.
Learn more

How to know if there are problems with your application:

If potential graduates are missing graduation requirements at the time of applying, the Graduation Office will notify students via their myUVU email account. It is the student's responsibility to complete all requirements needed to graduate by the appropriate deadlines.

Approximately 8-10 weeks after the end of the semester, graduation deficiency notices will show in the Degree Information link under My  Registration & Academics in myUVU.

Additional Application Information

Applying for multiple degrees

If a student is wishing to apply for multiple degrees, they will need to fill out a separate application for each degree they are wanting to graduate with. Students will want to fill out the application for the lesser degree first.

Applying for a degree different than declared major

Students wishing to apply for anything besides their declared majors will need to select the "Undeclared (non-Wolverine Track Degree)" option on the 2nd page, titled "Program Options", in the graduation application. On that page, it will give the student the option to choose to apply for their declared major OR "Undeclared (non-Wolverine Track Degree)". Once selected, students will then be taken to the next page where they can select the desired degree. If the student is unsure which catalog year, program or concentration(s) to choose, contact an Advisor or the Graduation Office.

Entering a foreign address or phone number

Address Line 1: Street Address or Post Office Box Number
Address Line 2: Street Address Continued
City: City or Town Name, Other Principal Subdivision (such as Province, State, or County), and Postal Code
(Note: In some countries, the postal code may precede the city or town name)
State or Providence: Leave as "Unknown"
Zip: Leave Blank/Empty
Nation: Choose from drop-down menu

Phone - Area/Number: USA phone number (if applicable)
International Access Code And Phone Number: Full International phone number
Example: Country = China
Access/Country Code = 86
Phone Number: 6944564
Full International Phone Number = 866944564

NOTE: Phone numbers associated with Diploma Mailing Address will be used by Graduation Office to contact the student if we have questions (during or after graduating semester).

How to change the name printed on your diploma

If a student would like to change the diploma name, they can select the "I need special characters added" option on the graduation application and enter their desired diploma name. This will not change their name on their UVU records. To change their name on UVU's records, a student must fill out the name change form . With further questions, contact the Graduation Office at

Students sitting together talking.