Am I ready to graduate?

Tracking Degree Progress Using Wolverine Track

Students can track their degree progress and view the courses that they need to complete for graduation through Wolverine Track. To view Wolverine Track students should log into their myUVU account and click on the “Wolverine Track” link in the upper right corner of the myUVU homepage.

How to run a what if

The What If feature allows students to see how their UVU & Transfer courses apply toward a different degree, major, concentration(s), minor(s) and/or catalog year in their Wolverine Track. To use this tool Login to myUVU then click on the Wolverine Track link. Once launched, click on the What If link on the left side of the screen to select different degree, majors, catalog years, etc.

Graduation Requirements

Utah Valley University offers Master degrees, Bachelor degrees, Associate degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates. Students are expected to familiarize themselves with the rules and regulations of both the university and their specific majors. Responsibility for satisfying all graduation requirements rests upon the student. Utah Valley University reserves the right to change graduation requirements at any time.

For general information, students should view the “Graduation” tab in the current UVU Course Catalog.

For more specific information about an individual degree, students should view their Wolverine Track or schedule an appointment with their academic advisor.

In addition to the courses required to earn a degree, graduation requirements may include, but are not limited to: all current semester grades, Incomplete 'I' and Missing 'M' grades, grade changes, challenge/experiential credit, Advanced Placement 'AP' credit, CLEP/DSST credit, required testing, departmental exceptions, other non-UVU (Transfer) credit.

Things That Could Stop Students from Graduating

All graduation requirements must be fully completed by the Completion Deadline. Additionally, all requirements must show as complete in Wolverine Track by the Requirement Deadline

 Requirements may include, but are not limited to:

  • All Current Semester Grades
  • Incomplete 'I' and Missing 'M' Grades
  • Grade Changes
  • Challenge and Experiential Credit
  • Advanced Placement (AP) Credit
  • CLEP and DSST Credit
  • Required Testing
  • Departmental Exceptions
  • Other Non-UVU (Transfer) Credit

How do I know what to apply for?

Difference between AA and AS and BS and BA

The Associate in Arts degree differs from the Associate in Science Degree in that the Associate in Arts degree requires a minimum of 8 credits to be earned in the same Foreign Language.

For a Bachelor of Arts degree students must complete 16 credit hours of coursework from one language to include the 1010, 1020, 2010 and 202G levels, or transferred equivalents. Some ESL course work may be used to fulfill this requirement. The ESL department may be contacted for specific details. Bachelor of Science degrees do not require additional foreign language.

The differences between associates degree and bachelor degrees

An Associates degree is a degree that students can earn as they work towards earning their Bachelors degree. Earning an Associates degree does not impact a students progress towards earning their declared Bachelor's degree.

Earning More than One Associate Degree

Students may earn only one associate degree from Utah Valley University; either an Associate in Science or an Associate in Arts. However, students may earn multiple Associate in Applied Science degrees alone or in combination with either an Associate in Science or an Associate in Arts.

Earning More than One Bachelor Degree

Students who would like to earn more than one bachelor degree at UVU will need to work closely with their academic advisor to receive the correct approvals necessary for a second degree. A second bachelor degree may be awarded when all requirements for both degrees are satisfied, along with the following:

  1. Approval from the dean of the college applicable to the additional degree
  2. All UVU General Education requirements are satisfied
  3. Thirty semester hours beyond the original degree are completed
  4. Twenty semester hours of the 30 hours in item 2 above must be completed at UVU

What else should I know before applying?


If you intend to graduate with a minor, you MUST already be declared in that minor and it must be listed in your Wolverine Track. If it is not listed, please exit the application and contact the academic advisor in the college of the minor you wish to receive.

Dual Major Versus Dual Degree

A dual degree is when a student has completed two separate degrees and receives two different diplomas. Dual degrees require students to take 30 credit hours beyond their original degree. The 30 credit hours must be courses applying to their second bachelor degree graduation requirements that were not be applied to their original degree.

A dual major is when a student has earned one degree with two different majors. Dual major students receive one diploma. Dual majors can be earned when there are not 30 credit hours difference between the two majors. To qualify for a dual major students must be graduating with both majors at the same time.

Residency Requirement for UVU degrees

All degrees offered by UVU have a residency requirement. This requirement is completely unrelated to Utah state residency and its implications for tuition cost. University residency can be earned by taking any college level courses at Utah Valley University, including UVU online courses. For more detailed information please see the most recent Course Catalog under Graduation then Residency Requirements.

What is a catalog year

When students are admitted to a program/degree, they are admitted under a specific Catalog Year containing a specific set of requirements. Students have a maximum of 7 years (from the start of the Catalog Year) to complete a Bachelor Degree Program; 6 years for Master's; 5 years for Associate's, Diplomas, and Certificates of Completion; and 4 years for Certificates of Proficiency. Students must have attended UVU during the Catalog Year to use those degree requirements towards graduation. View the current UVU Catalog underneath Graduation and General Education then Graduation Catalog Requirement for the official policy with more detailed information.

Please contact your Advisor to determine which Catalog Year you may follow. Requirements may differ based on Catalog Year.