Frequently Asked Questions


How do I log in to the lab computers?

The username and password for logging into UVU lab computers is the same as your myUVU or Canvas login.

My password isn't working/I forgot my password.

If you’ve forgotten your password or it isn’t working for some reason, you can call UVU Service Desk at 863-8888.

How do I change my UVU password?

If you know your password, you can change it by logging into myUVU and clicking your profile in the top right corner, then clicking on the gear icon.  UVU Password Manager is the last link in the drop-down menu.

If you do not know your password, you can change it by clicking "Forgot password" under the login button.

How often should I change my password?

UVU users are required to change their passwords once per year. If you feel like you should change it more often than that, you should do so.

VPN Access

To learn more about what a VPN is or for a list of instructions on how to set up your computer to access the UVU Campus VPN click here: Virtual Private Network


How do I access free or discounted software?

Go to: CET and Campus Software


How much does it cost to print?

Color printing costs $0.25 per page. Black and white costs $0.05 per page.

Can I print wirelessly from my laptop?

Yes. Sign into (On-campus access only) with your UVID and password. It will let you upload a file and select a printer on campus to print to. Make sure your file is one of the supported types (listed on the website), and remember that this service will still charge your print credit and will not work if you don’t have enough credit for the number of pages you’re printing.

Why didn't my document print?

First of all, check to make sure you have enough print credit for your current print request. Learn how to check your print credit here (On-campus access only).  If you are sure you have enough print credit for your request and your document still hasn't printed, there may be a problem with the printer.  Come see the lab techs in CS 716 or give them a call at (801) 863-8508 and they will get the problem sorted out for you.  If you do not have enough print credit for your print, you can add more print credit (On-campus access only) from your computer with a credit card.

Lost and Found

I lost something in one of the computer labs.

We keep a lost and found in (CS 716). Ask one of the lab monitors about it and they will check to see if your lost item has been turned in.

I lost something over a week ago

Our lost and found items are taken in to the campus-wide lost and found at Campus Connection in the Student Center once every week. Please check with them if your item has been missing for more than one week.


Computer Labs

Why do I pay a lab fee when I have my own laptop?

The cost of a lab computer is only a portion of your lab fee. Lab fees also support resources used in your course — FTP servers, web servers, database servers, switches, firewalls, laptop connectivity, etc. If you use the wireless network, you receive a return on your lab fee investment. If your class is held in a lab, and the lab has a projector, you're receiving the benefit of your lab fees. If you're a multimedia student working on an animation project, your lab fees pay for the server farm that renders your work. If you're a CNS, INFO, or TECH student, the Microsoft software checkout program saves you a significant amount. These are hidden costs that most students don't consider.

I forgot to log off and someone erased my work. Can I get it back?

No, each machine has its own storage and the hard drives are not backed up. Students are responsible for keeping a backup of their own data.

I can't login to AD on any lab computer.  Why?

Only students who are students in the College of Engineering & Technology (CET), or who are taking a class in the CET can login to AD on a lab machine.  If you are taking a class in the CET and are not able to login, please call (801) 863-8508 or come to room CS 716.


How do I get wireless access?

To get wireless access, join either the Wolverine-WiFi or Wolverine-Secure and open up a web browser. You should be redirected to a page to download the Fortinac Persistent Agent. Once you have that installed, log in with your UVID and password to get access to the WiFi.

What is the Fortinac Persistent Agent?

The Fortinac (formerly Bradford) Agent helps keep our wireless network safe and secure. It scans your computer to ensure that your antivirus software and OS are up to date, and ready to safely join the network. 

What is the difference between Wolverine-WiFi and Wolverine-Secure?

Wolverine-Secure is different from Wolverine-WiFi because it encrypts the transmission of your data between your computer and your wireless access point. It also tends to be more difficult to set up. If you need help setting it up, please contact the UVU Service Desk at (801) 863-8888.


Where can I go to get help with my campus owned laptop?

We offer minimal repair services for free in the CET IT office.  (This service is only available for campus owned devices.  We cannot service personal devices.)  Listed below are the services we can perform for you.  For anything else, check out IT Services Repairs Website.

Free Services

  • Walk-in consultation
  • Full system diagnostic
  • Recommendation on repairs or upgrades
  • Software install and removal instructions
  • Wireless setup and basic troubleshooting
  • Quick-Fix and non-invasive triage of system issues

Can I borrow a flash drive/headphones?

No. There was a time when we would lend out headphones and flash drives, but eventually they all disappeared and we have no more to lend out.

Are there any tutors for CS/DGM/IT classes?

We don't manage tutoring for the college. We recommend speaking with your professor about the best way to get help for that specific class.



Was your question not answered?

If you have a question that was not answered here please contact us.

If you have a suggestion for a question you would like to see added here, feel free

to contact our Web Support Technician.