See how your previous institution’s courses will transfer

Transfer Articulation

Transfer Credit

Send your transcripts

Sending Official Transcripts

College transcripts will be considered official if they have been issued within the last six months and are submitted in one of the following ways:

  • Emailed directly from the college/university to using a secure transcript exchange company or certified PDF document.
  • Mailed directly from the college/university in a sealed envelope to:
    Utah Valley University
    Registrar's Office, MS 213
    800 West University Parkway Orem,
    UT 84058-6703

Sending Official International Transcripts

International transcripts must be evaluated by an approved foreign credential evaluating company. UVU's preferred evaluating company is SpanTran. If you have already had your international transcript evaluated by a foreign credential company, please reference the list of approved companies below to see if we can accept them.

SpanTran Credential Evaluation

In order to receive direct equivalencies, students will need to provide course descriptions/syllabi.

Other approved companies

  • SpanTran
    (Divisional Course Analysis report)
  • WES
    (Course-by-Course report)
  • ECE
    (Course-by-Course report)
  • IERF
    (Course Level Distinction)
    Evaluations performed on behalf of another institution cannot be accepted unless the student can obtain a sealed/unopened copy of their IERF report directly from IERF


Contact the Transfer Credit Coordinator at 801-863-8216 or by emailing

Average processing time of transcripts is 1-3 weeks

How Your Courses Transferred

Test Score Credit

Student studying


Score Never Expires

AP scores over 4 years are archived and take longer to be processed.

students studying


Score Expires After 20 Years

Meet with department for prior approval before scheduling an exam.

students walking on campus



Meet with department for prior approval before scheduling an exam.


Contact the Test Credit Specialist at

International Baccalaureate

Credits Granted at UVU

In recognition of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme sponsored by the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO), students who complete IB subjects in high school through an approved IB World School and receive scores of 5, 6, or 7 may be granted credits at UVU. Credit will be posted as a "CR" grade and will not be calculated in the GPA. Duplicate credit will not be awarded for corresponding AP, CLEP, or courses previously completed at UVU or other College/University.

Students may receive up to 3 credits for scores of 5 to 7 on standard-level exams and 6 credits for scores of 5 to 7 on higher-level exams (as shown below), up to a maximum of 30 credits. Biology, Chemistry, Physics and some Language courses are the exception and can be granted up to 4 credits for scores of 5 to 7 on the standard-level exams and 8 credits for scores of 5 to 7 on the higher-level exams.

IB Transfer Table

Request IB Transcript

Students desiring to have credits granted at UVU for IB subjects must request an Official IB Transcript be sent to UVU's Admissions Office.

Utah Valley University
Attention: Registrar's Office, MS 213
800 West University Parkway
Orem, UT 84058-6703

Request IB Transcript

Transferring from UVU?

The Transfer Credit Office processes incoming credit only. To request an Official UVU transcript, visit our records page.

Request UVU Transcript

Interstate Passport

The Interstate Passport Network provides a framework for block transfer of lower-division general education.

Interstate Passport

Office Info

Office Location

Browning Administration Building

BA - 113

Office Hours

Mon, Thurs, Fri 8:00am - 5:00pm

Tues, Wed 8:00am - 6:00pm

campus map