HEA Student Consumer Information



Complaints associated with UVU should be directed to the appropriate university office or department. http://www.uvu.edu/audit/concerns/index.html

Student Complaints. Students who have complaints against the University relating to fraud, false advertising, or other deceptive practices can file a complaint with the Utah Division of Consumer Protection, 160 East 300 South, 2nd Floor, Salt Lake City, UT 84111, Telephone No. 801-530-6601, Toll Free in Utah at 1-800-721-SAFE. In addition, students involved with distance and correspondence education can file a complaint with their state’s enforcement authority (State Regulators/Student Consumer Complaints) HERE.

Students who have complaints relating to issues that are covered by the student code of conduct should follow the University's process for filing a complaint. The student code of conduct is found at https://policy.uvu.edu/getDisplayFile/563a3c1c65db23201153c268.

Students who have complaints relating to the University's quality of education or other issues appropriate for its accrediting body to consider, can file a complaint with the Northwest Commission of College and Universities at www.nwccu.org.

Copies of documents describing the University's accreditation and state approval are available for review upon request.
For concerns that are not successfully resolved at the university level, consumers may contact any of the following organizations:


Learn more about the Higher Education Opportunity Act | Learn about College Navigator