Crisis Services

In Case of Emergency

Call one of the following:

  • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
    1-800-273-TALK (8255) (24-hour service)
  • Wasatch Mental Health
    801-373-7393 (24-hour service)
  • Dial 9-1-1 and ask the police for assistance
  • Take yourself to your local hospital emergency room
  • Text "START" to 741741 to connect with a counselor at Crisis Text Line
  • The SafeUT app is available to download for free at either the Apple App Store or Google Play

If you are a current term registered UVU Student:

Call for an appointment at UVU Student Health Services (801-863-8876, M-F 8am-5pm). If you are currently in a suicide crisis, notify the person answering the phone that this is an emergency for priority scheduling.

More Info


UVU Student Health Services General Office Hours:
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday 8-7, Tuesday & Friday 8-5 

Medical Services Hours:
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday 9-7, Tuesday & Friday 9-4

Psychiatric Services Hours:
Monday-Thursday 9-4

Mental Health Services Hours:
Monday-Friday 8-5 

Learning Disability Assessment Services Hours:
Monday-Friday 8-5 

Crisis Services Hours:
Monday-Friday 8-5 

After Hours crisis:
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

Frequently Asked Questions (faqs)

Using Student Health Services

Do I have to be a UVU student to use Student Health Services?

Yes, you need to be a current term registered UVU student.

If I am a current UVU student, can my family members also use Student Health Services?

No, our services are only offered to current term UVU students.

Are the healthcare providers at Student Health Services licensed or are they students?

All our staff are licensed professionals. We also often have therapists-in-training who work under the supervision of a licensed therapist.

Health Insurance

Do I need health insurance to use Student Health Services?

No, Student Health Services does not bill health insurance with the exception of lab fees. The cost of services are the same for those with or without insurance.

Does UVU offer health insurance?

No, health insurance is not offered through UVU or Student Health Services. For more information on health insurance resources please visit,, or 


How do I schedule an appointment?

Call our office at 801-863-8876 or stop by SC221 to schedule an appointment.

Will I be charged if I do not come to my appointment?

Yes, we charge a $10-$20 no show fee depending on the service requested, if you do not notify our office prior to the time of your appointment of the need to cancel your appointment.

Does Student Health Services take walk in appointments?

No, we offer scheduled appointments.

Do I have to pay for my appointment at the time of service?

No, we allow 30 days to pay. After that time a hold will be placed on your student account for any unpaid balances.

Medical Records

Does Student Health Services have a copy of my immunization records?

We only have a copy of immunizations you received in our office.

How do I get a copy of my medical records from Student Health Services?

You will need to complete a Patient Records Release Form in our office or in the office of one of your other healthcare providers. You may also access the form on our Medical Services webpage under Patient Records Release Form.


Brochure with information about all SHS services.

Two students standing in a hallway talking to each other.

Student Fees Used Here